We have a rewarding opportunity for a proactive and creative Product Manager to join our Newswire team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of all products and editorial technology developments within our editorial division.
Working closely with the editorial managers, the Product Manager will define a clear product strategy and work with the broader development team and any external development partners, to ensure the editorial team meets its commercial and strategic goals. Not only will the candidate be a conduit between internal stakeholders, he or she will have key skills in identifying the needs of our clients and customers and ensure these are captured within planning.
Reporting to the AAP’s Editor in Chief, the Product Manager leads the education of newsroom staff on the effective use of technology in all aspects of the news operation. We seek to evolve as technology evolves in order to produce and deliver news and data services in the most efficient manner.
AAP Newswire is looking for a commercially-astute and well-presented team player, who has proven ability to work to tight deadlines in a rapidly changing technology environment. The successful candidate will contribute ideas and strategy in a dynamic and shifting media landscape, so previous experience within a media-related background is favourable.
Among the varied duties noted, responsibilities include:
- Researching customers, state clear objectives and build business cases within the Product Strategy. Each case to be supported by data-driven assumptions and realistic ROI assessments.
- Assuming ownership of the Product Strategy, timelines and costs, working with AAP’s development teams and any external development partners to achieve aims.
- Ensuring Product teams assigned to projects within the approved strategy are fully engaged and aligned with the vision and objectives of the senior management team.
- Investigating, testing and recommending technology for use by reporters, editors, photographers and videographers and data staff.
- Facilitate field tests using editorial staff.
In order to be successful in this role, The Product Manager will have:
- Experience in agile development processes;
- Effective leadership capabilities;
- Effective communication skills;
- Time management skills;
- Project management skills; and
- Excellent attention to detail.
If this position sounds like you, please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a hardworking, efficient and highly organised Marketing Assistant to work across our Medianet business which includes AAP Medianet, AAP Directories and Mediaverse.
Based at our headquarters in Rhodes, you will work closely with the Brand Manager and commercial team to support all aspects of marketing communications and administration across our division.
This is a perfect opportunity for a communications savvy marketer to work within the heart of the media industry of Australia. The individual will be required to implement strategies to engage, retain and drive loyalty of clients whilst also building the brand and expert position of AAP. The role requires someone to not only be innovative but be able to implement their ideas. Among your varied duties in this role, your responsibilities will include:
– Assisting in the development and delivery of marketing campaigns and client communication pieces via a number of different channels
– Assisting in collecting and collating client and market research
– Reviewing and updating website content using WordPress
– Maintenance of competitor records and the company CRM
-Write effective, professional copy for all marketing communication pieces and placements, including EDMs, sales collateral and branded content
-Contributing and executing the various aspects of social media and content marketing
-Supporting new promotional and product campaigns and brand building opportunities to include in the marketing plan
-Providing general marketing support and assistance as required
The successful candidate will:
-Have a tertiary qualification in Communications or Marketing
-Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Have a high attention to detail
-Excellent copywriting and research skills
-Experienced or interested in a career in B2B marketing
-1-2 years work experience in a marketing role
-Experience in email marketing or with Marketing Automation experience an advantage
Some knowledge of graphic design tools as well as Pardot is not essential but advantageous
This is a golden opportunity to take your career to the next level. If you are interested in applying for this role, please attach a copy of your cover letter and resume and email it to email@example.com.
If you would like to inquire about working at AAP, or if you would like to send us your details, please use this form to get in touch.
We have an exciting role available for a motivated and driven professional who is looking for a career starting opportunity to be based within Medianet’s commercial division.
We are currently recruiting for roles in our Account Services team who manage, service and sell, to corporate communications teams, government departments and PR agencies.
This role is based at our headquarters in Rhodes and we are looking for motivated individuals who have a keen eye for delivering results. The day-to-day role includes phone-based sales (inbound and outbound), account servicing, trend analysis, campaign work and post-sale consulting and new business prospecting.
This role provides excellent career progression opportunities for a strong phone-based sales person or customer service executive looking to branch into sales.
– Develop an understanding of the current and potential Medianet client base and source information and leads to positively impact the sale
– Daily lead identification and nurturing as well as sourcing and responding to opportunities generated by news trends as they present
– Perform new business introductions, set meetings and scope the size of the opportunity
– Deliver and provide clients assistance with product updates and product training
– Manage inbound customer enquiries and provide a timely response
– On boarding new clients
– Up selling and cross selling
– Maintaining the CRM as well as territory and opportunity reporting
This role will involve mainly phone based sales and customer service but with scope to include client facing and potentially some interstate travel.
– Minimum 1 year of sales experience, preferably with B2B products or a phone-based customer service background
– Strong phone based sales and service skills
– Motivated and results oriented
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to build relationships and rapport
– Be energetic and have a desire to sell / achieve results
This is a great opportunity to enter a sales career with a view to progress within our company. If you are interested in applying for this role, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your cover letter and resume, or contact us via this form.