HONG KONG, Sept. 28, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The journey of BIOHK2023 began with an unforgettable opening ceremony on day one, welcoming the Nobel Trust Foundation, Dr. Michael Nobel and delivering a noteworthy speech by Mr. Peter Nobel. BIOHK had the privilege of hosting distinguished doctors, professors, C-level executives, and prominent industry leaders, from around the world uniting together under one roof in Hong Kong, sharing their valuable insights to the biotechnology community.
We were honored to have insightful keynote speeches delivered by renowned individuals, including:
- Mr. CY Leung, Vice Chairman of CPPCC
- Dr. Bruce Beutler, Nobel Laureate
- Ambassador George Hara, Group Chairman and CEO of DEFTA Partners
- Professor Yi Rao, President of Capital Medical University
- Sir Jonathan Symonds, Chair of GSK
BIOHK2023 also welcomed over 50 innovative companies from across the globe to compete for the covenant title of ‘Top 5 to Watch‘ in this year’s pitching competition to present their revolutionary discoveries and cutting-edge products. With an esteemed panel of judges, each bringing their field of expertise to the table, the competition reached high levels of intensity and excitement, displaying groundbreaking technologies that pushed the boundaries of innovation.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to the following notable panel of judges who dedicated their time and expertise to the BIOHK2023 pitching competition (in alphabetical order):
- Mr. Gordon Cheng, Vice Chairman of HKBIO
- Mr. Fred Li, Executive Director of GOBI Partners GBA
- Ms. Jennifer Lian, Founding Partner of Longly Capital
- Ms. Serena Shao, Founder & Managing Partner of Ascendum Capital
- Mr. Frank Su, Founding and Managing Partner of Redhill Capital
- Mr. Ying Wang, Executive Director of CRCP Life Science Fund
- Mr. Peter Zheng, Founding Partner of Orion Technology Fund (Head Judge)
It is with great enthusiasm that we announce the Top 5 Winners of the pitching competition (in alphabetical order):
- Jiangsu Hillgene Biopharma Co., Ltd.
- Lerna Biopharma PTE. Ltd.
- neoX Biotech (HK) Limited
- TCRCure Biopharma Ltd.
- Tsingke Biotech
We extend our heartfelt gratitude to all the participants of this year’s pitching competition, as it was a thrilling and closely contested race. If you are interested in connecting with these companies, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Missed out this year? Save the dates for BIOHK2024, taking place from September 11 to 14, 2024, at The Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. Prepare for another extraordinary event where innovation, passion, and brilliance collide in a captivating showcase of entrepreneurial excellence.
We also extend our gratitude to PR Newswire for being the Official News Distribution Partner of BIOHK2023!
Learn more: https://2023.bio-hk.com/
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/apac/news-releases/biohk2023-leaves-a-mark-on-biotech-community-must-know-highlights-301940088.html
SOURCE Hong Kong Biotechnology Organization (HKBIO)