We are seeking expressions of interest in a number of roles in its photographic operations across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide:
- Photo Assignment Editors – Full-time and part-time positions available. Applicants must have experience in news gathering logistics – planning, assignment briefing, staff co-ordination and image delivery to deadline.
- Photographers – Full-time and freelance positions available. Applicants must have extensive experience as a working news media photographer and be able to demonstrate a broad range of skills through a published body of work.
- Image Production – one full-time position in Sydney only. Applicants must have experience in visual media production, including image processing, sourcing, archiving and workflow management.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your interest in the specific position, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close May 12, 2017.
We are seeking applications from candidates interested in a traineeship as a News Photographer. Positions are available in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
Applicant requirements include:
- Photographic education qualification – TAFE, private college, secondary school unit.
- Demonstrable passion for visual news media storytelling.
- An excellent understanding of current news , politics and sports.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Hard work, enthusiasm and a keen desire to create visual imagery.
- Able to work across a 7-day roster, and undertake extracurricular work training and development.
- Ability to take direction, constructive criticism, think laterally and problem solve in a fast-paced learning and active environment.
- Above average technological understanding of digital photography and methods.
- Drivers’ licence and car.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
Applications close May 12, 2017.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a hardworking, efficient and highly organised Marketing Executive to work across our Newswire and Pagemasters divisions. The role will be key in the launch and growth of AAP Publish, a groundbreaking new SaaS product in digital publishing.
Based at our headquarters in Rhodes, you will work closely with the Senior Marketing Executive and commercial team to support all aspects of marketing communications and administration.
This is a perfect opportunity for a savvy marketer with a strong digital background to make an impact as part of the commercial team. The individual will be required to implement strategies to generate leads, engage, convert and retain clients whilst also enhancing customer experience, building the brand and expert position of AAP. The role requires someone to not only be innovative but be able to implement their ideas.
Among your varied duties in this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Creating strategies and plans to grow and retain AAP’s existing client base
- Coordinating new copy and content pieces for new products, product updates and product promotions and creating relevant campaigns, articles and collateral
- Distributing communication pieces for every stage of the customer lifecycle (from anonymous, to lead, to client)
- Assisting with the development of new business and lead generating activities
- Driving marketing automation strategies to achieve revenue and engagement based results for the business
- Growing social following and engagement on multiple social media channels both organically and with paid social media campaigns
- Ensuring all marketing content is written suitably from the medium and the target and form a part of the integrated communications strategy
- Maintaining the SEO, SEM and display advertising campaigns
- Contributing to the continued growth of AAP’s online presence and brand recognition
- Reporting on marketing activity, campaign performance and ROI to senior management
The successful candidate will:
- Have a tertiary qualification in Communications or Marketing
- 2+ years’ experience working in a B2B marketing role
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong digital marketing background
- Demonstrated experience managing SEO/SEM
- Demonstrated experience with Google Adwords and/or Social Media advertising
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Accuracy and high attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously as well as a part of a team
- Computer literacy including web, social and digital advertising
- HTML experience is an advantage
- Experience with Marketing Automation platforms such as Salesforce Pardot and/or Marketo or similar is preferred
- Basic design skills are an advantage
- Previous experience in media industries, content based industries and SaaS products, including tech startups will be highly regarded as will a strong B2B communications background
This is a golden opportunity to take your career to the next level. If you are interested in joining a growing and enthusiastic marketing team we look forward to receiving your application.
If you are interested in this role, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your cover letter and resume.
If you would like to inquire about working at AAP, or if you would like to send us your details, please use this form to get in touch.
We have an exciting role available for a motivated and driven professional who is looking for a career starting opportunity to be based within Medianet’s commercial division.
We are currently recruiting for roles in our Account Services team who manage, service and sell, to corporate communications teams, government departments and PR agencies.
This role is based at our headquarters in Rhodes and we are looking for motivated individuals who have a keen eye for delivering results. The day-to-day role includes phone-based sales (inbound and outbound), account servicing, trend analysis, campaign work and post-sale consulting and new business prospecting.
This role provides excellent career progression opportunities for a strong phone-based sales person or customer service executive looking to branch into sales.
– Develop an understanding of the current and potential Medianet client base and source information and leads to positively impact the sale
– Daily lead identification and nurturing as well as sourcing and responding to opportunities generated by news trends as they present
– Perform new business introductions, set meetings and scope the size of the opportunity
– Deliver and provide clients assistance with product updates and product training
– Manage inbound customer enquiries and provide a timely response
– On boarding new clients
– Up selling and cross selling
– Maintaining the CRM as well as territory and opportunity reporting
This role will involve mainly phone based sales and customer service but with scope to include client facing and potentially some interstate travel.
– Minimum 1 year of sales experience, preferably with B2B products or a phone-based customer service background
– Strong phone based sales and service skills
– Motivated and results oriented
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to build relationships and rapport
– Be energetic and have a desire to sell / achieve results
This is a great opportunity to enter a sales career with a view to progress within our company. If you are interested in applying for this role, please email us at email@example.com and attach a copy of your cover letter and resume, or contact us via this form.