AAP FactCheck is seeking a switched-on journalist to join its Sydney-based team.
A division of national news agency Australian Association Press, AAP FactCheck is an editorially independent service that fact checks and verifies select news and social media content with the goal of combating misinformation.
AAP FactCheck is ready to grow its team to better meet demand for this important work and is looking for a graded journalist with at least three years’ experience.
To be successful in this job you will need to be a highly competent social media user who is tuned in to the news cycle. You will also have the sort of strong general knowledge and awareness that will allow you to identify questionable claims in areas ranging from science and climate change through to political history.
You will already know, or be able to quickly learn, new digital tools for social media searching, reverse image searching and other digital verification methods. You will also be willing and able to dive into data, whether it’s a budget document or a scientific report.
The successful fact checker needs to be able to think laterally when examining claims, have strong investigative abilities and the capacity to doggedly pursue source material.
Critically, at AAP FactCheck you will need to take the information you uncover and turn it into a sharp, informative and highly readable article.
If this sounds like you, please send your compelling cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Medianet, we bring media insights and solutions to communications professionals. Our mission is to give people the power to understand, create and share news.
We’re a collaborative team, we’re passionate and our customers are at the centre of everything we do. We’re focused on delivering high quality service for our clients and we enjoy what we do.
As a division of Australian Associated Press (AAP), our role in the media provides a solid foundation and allows us to develop strong relationships with publishers and broadcasters. Our aim is to integrate seamlessly into an organisation’s communications strategy.
Our Client Services team is the backbone of our support services delivering guidance across all platforms, insights into campaign success and actively assisting how organisations contribute to the news cycle.
We’re searching for a positive and highly motivated Client Services Supervisor to join our team to ensure we deliver the highest level of customer service and to develop a team of customer service operators all located here in our Sydney office.
- Together with the Operations Manager, lead and develop the Client Services team to ensure a high standard of customer service
- Identify and implement strategies to improve team performance and create efficiencies
- Monitor, analyse and grow team KPIs
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure client SLAs are met exceeding client expectations
- Develop and implement strategies to elevate the customer service experience, engagement and retention
- Develop training programs and documentation to improve customer and product knowledge across the department
- Maintain and create procedures documenting team processes and functionality ensuring product knowledge retention
- Work closely with the development team to test and successfully implement product improvements
- Monitor system functionality at regular intervals for optimum system performance to be able to identify any potential issue
- Maintain relationships with international partner agencies through regular communication, support and responsiveness
- Provide day-to-day support to the Client Services team including occasional support outside of business hours.
- Proactively identify new opportunities and insights and continually challenge the status quo to foster process and performance improvements and influence strategic decisions
Skills & Experience
- Experience in customer service and administration and some supervisory or management experience required.
- Experience in B2B or SAAS environments is desirable but not essential.
- Experience with working within a team achieving KPIs
- Demonstrated team leadership experience with specific focus on staff development and mentoring
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills that can be adapted for various stakeholders, training and reporting
- Superior customer service skills with proven client retention strategies
- Exceptional planning, time management, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills to influence, coach and collaborate with internal & external stakeholders
- Ability to recognise financial opportunities and risks or benefits to the business
- Strong attention to detail with business intelligence to deliver key measurables and outcomes
- Experience developing and implementing staff education and training programs
- Ability and confidence to swiftly identify key issues/opportunities and provide recommendations with advanced problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Google suite, Microsoft Excel and CRM software (Salesforce or similar) a plus
- A driven, proactive and enthusiastic team player that is passionate about identifying opportunities for continuous team and self improvement
If you’re excited about this opportunity, please send your compelling cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We have an exciting casual opportunity for a hardworking, efficient and highly organised candidate to fill a typesetting and print production role in Pagemasters’ TV Listings team.
Based in our Southbank office in Melbourne you will be responsible for compiling and quality control of TV programming information for print publication in newspapers and magazines or online. Reporting to the TV Listings and Puzzles Manager, your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Produce, check, update and amend TV listings
- Work cooperatively in a team to complete prescribed daily workload schedules
- Correctly administer and appropriate files to match requirements of customers
- Caption images that might complement TV listing
- Send completed and up-to-date TV listings files in accordance with deadline requirements of customers
- Respond to customers’ needs in a flexible, responsive manner
You will have
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- An interest in TV, current affairs, sports and show business
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines, working under pressure
- Experience with general office applications (Microsoft Office or G Suite)
- Experience with InDesign and related Adobe software
- Proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of programming structures of free-to-air Australian television broadcasters – desirable
If you are interested in this role, please forward applications directly to Tracey George, TV Listings and Puzzles Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to inquire about working at AAP, or if you would like to send us your details, please use this form to get in touch.