We are looking for an experienced Financial Systems Manager to support the effective operation of AAP’s financial systems. You would be coming aboard a key transformational project that involves engagement with AAP’s development team as well as persons in finance and/or business roles. The role demands responsibility for the stability and integrity of AAP’s finance systems, ensuring they are properly designed, configured, developed, tested and documented.
We are offering a six-month fixed-term contract with full-time hours to commence immediately. Depending on the progress of the project, there may be an opportunity to extend. The role is based at our head office in Rhodes (close to amenities and transport). Apart from exhibiting maturity, responsibility and good judgment, the ideal candidate will be obsessed with automation, continuous improvement and getting things right. An even balance of technical skills and accountancy knowledge would best serve the role and experience in implementing financial systems would be a bonus.
In anticipation of some of your questions, you will ideally be able to address the following:
- Carry out design, programming, planning, testing and maintenance of AAP’s financial systems, liaising with staff in AAP’s Finance department on matters that might affect them
- Assist Finance department staff with everyday bookkeeping and accounting issues
- Support transformation projects and goals which are centred in the Finance department
- Undertake scoping exercises and other evaluations in support of business requirements
- Integration of AAP’s financial systems with related production or customer-facing systems
- Reporting of project progress to reporting manager
- Maintain awareness of security issues and apply escalation measures to mitigate any technical issues or disruption
- Develop, implement and maintain relevant documentation, including procedures, plans and analyses
- Responsive, flexible, level-headed and solution-focused
- Excellent concentration levels and thorough attention to detail
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined to achieve goals and keep abreast of new technologies and methodologies
- Clear and consistent communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Clear understanding of AAP’s objectives and performance requirements
- Understand and promote team culture, respecting needs and contributions of others
- Proven experience developing and maintaining a financial accounting system/ERP (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics GP)
- Strong understanding of financial accounting practices and industry standards
- Proven experience in designing and maintaining database applications especially MS SQL Server
- General experience with Windows Server, including IIS
- Proven experience using development tools (e.g. Visual Studio, Git)
- Proven experience with Salesforce CRM (FinancialForce knowledge a bonus)
- Proven experience working with third-party APIs (e.g. payment gateways)
- Strong understanding of software development processes and principles
We might add that the position involves working directly alongside a positive team of IT and Finance professionals who are supportive, inclusive and, most importantly, fun to be around.
If this position sounds like a great fit for you or someone you know, we’d love to hear from you. The inclusion of a cover letter along with your resume would be appreciated.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to inquire about working at AAP, or if you would like to send us your details, please use this form to get in touch.