From fashion show to guided historical tours, Renaissance Hotels across Asia Pacific set the stage for spontaneous discovery on May 18
HONG KONG, May 15, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Rooted in discovery and the spirit of the neighborhood, Renaissance Hotels – part of Marriott Bonvoy’s extraordinary portfolio of 31 hotel brands – announced that it will celebrate its annual Global Day of Discovery on May 18, 2023. A day when all 170+ Renaissance properties around the world, together as a collective drumbeat, put on elevated experiences – underscoring how the brand delivers unexpected discoveries beyond the convention of travel.
To celebrate Global Day of Discovery’s 9th anniversary, Renaissance Hotels is featuring unscripted adventures that place the brand’s revamped Evenings at Renaissance program in the spotlight. With the hotel and travel industry back in full swing, guests traveling both for business and leisure are looking for authentic local experiences. Unforgettably unique, the brand’s signature Evenings program shifts Renaissance properties into curators of culture – embracing and expanding through surprise-and-delight bar rituals to unexpected collaborations on and off property.
“We are thrilled to reintroduce our Global Day of Discovery celebrations and the revival of our Evenings program, highlighting Renaissance Hotels’ passion to uncover the unique DNA of the neighborhood,” said Jennie Toh, Vice President of Brand Marketing and Brand Management, Marriott International Asia Pacific. “Today’s travelers crave a genuine connection with the locale, and with our properties celebrated as cultural hubs of their community, we are committed to captivate the neighborhoods across Asia Pacific with moments that give travelers something a little bit unexpected every step along their journey.”
Discover This Way Night & Day: From Spotlighting Ecotourism Efforts in Bali’s Uluwatu to East Meets West Candlelight Concert in Beijing, Local Neighborhoods Unite in Fresh Ways on Global Day of Discovery
Six properties across Asia Pacific will offer immersive moments beyond the expected, showcasing the newly evolved Evenings at Renaissance program including a celebration in Uluwatu, Bali, hosted by a Cultural Curator who serves as a beacon of the neighborhood. Each property will push the envelope of exploration while traveling, introducing their unexpected passions to the guests, and providing them with unscripted experiences at Global Day of Discovery events taking place May 18.
- Guests of Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa will celebrate local traditions and shine a light on social impact and ecotourism, near and dear to the property’s surrounding area. Hosted by cultural curator Veronika Krasnasari, the three-day celebration features an impressive line-up including engaging tours at the nearby ZeroWaste Center, elevated punchbowl rituals showcasing the flavor of Bali with rockstars in Indonesia’s bar scene like Kiki Moka, an in-depth discussion on Endek Bali – the island’s indigenous fabric with Agung Indra, followed by an Endek-themed fashion show by local designer Dwi Iskandar, and a traditional 12-course Balinese Dinner using all sustainably sourced, island-grown produce by Balinese Chef Wisnu Adiyatma, accompanied by an enchanting performance from Gus Teja, a Balinese flute maestro. Many of these moments will be incorporated into the property’s on-going programming following the celebration to encourage guests around the world to be immersed in the traditions of the Uluwatu region. Limited tickets available here for the celebration centered around fashion, sustainability, art, and rich Balinese traditions.
- At Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing Hotel, by day guests will enjoy an eco-friendly summer hiking route along the Forbidden City and stop at Corner Tower for a coffee break, then continue to the top of Jinshan Park to overlook the historical sites and bustling CBD, feeling the transition from tradition to modernity. By night, the hotel will spotlight the harmonious blend of Western and Chinese elements through a candlelight concert at R Bar, where musicians will perform Western and Chinese music with piano, violin, and cello.
- At Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, creativity comes to life through Renaissance branded Tuk Tuk Caravans, which Marriott Bonvoy Members will ride on to explore the cultural heritage and historical 100-year-old street in the neighborhood of Talad Noi and Songwat, where you can experience the true essence of Bangkok like never before. The tour allows for hands-on experiences ranging from “Old Fashioned Coffee Mock-tail” workshop, craft coffee dripping, and local herbal tea tasting. In the evening, guests are invited to enjoy a punch bowl ritual, as well as a live performance by the renowned traditional Thai instrumental musician Keng Tachaya and the famous Godfather of R&B artist, Tom Isara.
- Renaissance Harbour View Hotel Hong Kong will guide guests to discover the historical heart of Asia’s cultural hotpot, where guests can join the property’s Navigator for a guided tour through the bustling neighborhood of Wan Chai, stopping momentarily at landmarks such as Old Wan Chai Market, Blue House, and The Pawn. At night, the essence of old Hong Kong will be brought inside the hotel, where the lower lobby and function room transform into the bustling scene of dai pai dongs, or street food stalls, completed with elements of mini-bus signs, neon lights, and live performance of old Cantonese songs.
- Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon will delight guests with a Global Day of Discovery branded open-roof bus, which by day brings guests to discover distinct offerings of Saigon ranging from Vietnamese coffee workshop, a gathering around authentic Vietnamese lunch, water puppetry performance, and to join local artist Nguyen Tan Luc for a painting session at the hotel. By night, guests can experience the onsite “Saigon Paradox Rooftop Party”, where the hotel holds Sand Drawing Shadow, Traditional Instruments Performance, and Water Drum Performance.
- Renaissance Xiamen Hotel will pay homage to the intangible cultural heritage of Minnan on Global Day of Discovery. Guests are invited to experiences that allows for a holistic cultural journey: A visit to Gulong Soy Sauce Cultural Park to immerse in the ancient method of sauce-making, a DIY class at Tong’An Wu Zhaozhi Spring Rolls Restaurant, a hands-on experience of lacquer thread carving DIY experience at the Qi Bao Zhai, and a tasting session at Confucians Hall of Empereur Wulong Tea. At night, the hotel will decorate its entrance with Minnan folk dwellings, delighting guests with a traditional Minnan style opera and puppet show. As night turns to dawn, a Chinese traditional market will be set up around the stage, providing varieties of local delicacies and Evenings at Renaissance specialty cocktails. The hotel plans to sustain this Intangible Cultural Heritage tour as a room package from May 18 onwards.
To learn more about Renaissance Hotels and its Evenings at Renaissance program, please visit www.renhotels.com. To explore Global Day of Discovery events happening at the 170+ properties across the globe, please visit www.renaissance-hotels.marriott.com/events.
About Renaissance® Hotels
With over 170 hotels in nearly 40 countries and territories around the world, Renaissance Hotels has a dynamic and inspiring global portfolio, where every trip is an opportunity for unscripted discoveries. Renaissance Hotels connects travelers to the spirit of the neighborhood through its theatrical design, entertaining evening bar rituals, and engaging Navigators, extending an open invitation to experience the unexpected both inside and out of the hotel. For more information, please visit www.renaissancehotels.com and stay connected on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Renaissance Hotels is proud to participate in Marriott Bonvoy®, the global travel program from Marriott International. The program offers members an extraordinary portfolio of global brands, exclusive experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments and unparalleled benefits including free nights and Elite status recognition. To enroll for free or for more information about the program, visit marriottbonvoy.com.
About Marriott Bonvoy®
Marriott Bonvoy’s extraordinary portfolio offers renowned hospitality in the most memorable destinations in the world, with 31 brands that are tailored to every type of journey. Members can earn points for stays at hotels and resorts, including all-inclusive resorts and premium home rentals, and through everyday purchases with co-branded credit cards. Members can redeem their points for experiences including future stays, Marriott Bonvoy Moments, or through partners for luxurious products from Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques. To enroll for free or for more information about Marriott Bonvoy, visit marriottbonvoy.com.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/apac/news-releases/renaissance-hotels-revives-evenings-at-renaissance-program-at-annual-global-day-of-discovery-celebrations-hosted-by-cultural-curators-imbued-with-the-spirit-of-their-neighborhood-301824401.html
SOURCE Marriott International