AAP FactCheck – Verdicts
AAP FactCheck applies the following verdicts to each fact-checked claim.
The verdict is designed to provide a clear and simple conclusion that is supported by the detail of the article and reference material.
- True – The claim is accurate.
- Mostly True – The claim is largely accurate but includes minor errors or problems.
- Mixture – The claim includes accurate information but also significant errors or problems.
- Mostly False – The claim is mostly inaccurate but includes minor elements of truth.
- False – The claim is inaccurate.
- Misleading – The claim is accurate in parts but information has also been presented incorrectly, out of context or omitted.
- Unproven – There is not enough evidence to determine the claim’s accuracy.